Listen

Description

【句子】I'm gonna chalk this up to jet lag for you because it's not like you at all.   【Modern Family S3E20】


【发音】/aɪm/ /ˈgə.nə/ /ˈgɑː.nə/ /tʃɔːk/ /tʃɑːk/ /ðɪs/ /ʌp/ /tʊ/ /dʒet/ /læɡ/ /fə(r)/ /juː/ /bɪˈkɒz/ /bɪˈkɑːz/ /ɪts/ /nɒt/ /nɑːt/ /laɪk/ /juː/ /æt/ /ɔːl/ /ɑːl/


【发音技巧】chalk this up不完全爆破+连读;jet lag不完全爆破;because it's连读;not like不完全爆破;like you类似连读的处理;at all连读+闪音;


【翻译】我就当你是时差还没倒过来,因为这一点儿都不像你。


【适用场合】


今天我们来一起学习一下两个短语:


1. chalk sth. up to sth.应该如何理解;


来看看对应的英文解释:


to recognize something as the cause of something else;


to consider that sth. is caused by sth.


所以它可以理解成:“把某件事情归因于……”或者“认为……是某件事情发生的原因”;


这个短语经常用于美式英语,比较口语化。


 


eg: We can chalk that win up to a lot of luck.


我们可以把那场胜利归因于运气好。


 


eg: We chalked her bad behavior up to her recent illness.


我们把她最近不好的行为归因于她最近生病了。


 


eg: I had to chalk up the loss to inexperience.


我不得不将这一次的失败归因于经验不足。


 


eg: The poor financial performance of the event is disappointing, but we're chalking it up to bad luck for now.


这次活动的业绩很不好,让人失望,但是我们暂且将其归因于运气不好。


 


eg: Let's just chalk the mistakes up to experience and try to do better on the next project.


让我们把这些错误当作经验教训,争取在下个项目上做得更好。


 


2. jet lag,他可以理解成“时差”或者“由于跨时区旅行而造成的时差反应”;


the feeling of tiredness and confusion which people experience after making a long journey in an aircraft to a place where the time is different from the place they left;


 


eg: Every time I fly to the States, I get really bad jet lag.


每次飞美国,我都会严重受到时差的困扰。


 


eg: I'm still suffering from jet lag after my trip to Australia.


从澳大利亚回来以后,我现在还在受时差困扰。


 


【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】


They're a very young team, so we'll chalk this loss up to inexperience and nerves.