Listen

Description

A:Do you have a minute?

您有时间吗?


B:Sure,what would you like to discuss?

当然,你有什么 要讨论的吗?


A:I've made a tough decision.Sir,here's my resignation.

我下定决心了,先生,这是我的辞职信。


B:Well,I have to tell you that I'm quite surprised.Is there any possible way to change your mind?

我得告诉你我很意外,有什么可以让你改变主意吗?


A:I'm afraid not,sir.I've made up my mind.It's something I have to do.

我想恐怕没有。先生,我已经打定主意了,我必须得这么做。


B:Can I ask why?Were you unhappy working with us?

我能知道原因吗?你在我们这里工作不愉快?


A:No,not at all.It's my mother.She's sick and needs someone to take care of her.I'm the only one who can do it.

不,根本没这回事。是我妈妈,她生病了,需要人照顾。我是唯一能够照顾她的人。


B:I'm sorry to hear that.But you don't need to quit over that.Why don't you just take a leave of absence?We can hold your job for you until your mother gets better.

我很遗憾。但是你不用因为这个辞职。你为什么不请假呢?我们可以为你保留职位。等你母亲恢复后你可以回来复职。


A:Really?I don't know that would be possible.

真的吗?我不知道这样可以。


B:Sure.We'd be crazy to lose a good worker like you.

当然行。失去你这么优秀的员工我们会抓狂的。


A:Thank you,sir.

谢谢你,先生。