Listen

Description

A:Miss Wang,I'd like to ask you a question if you don't mind.

王小姐,如果你不介意的话,我想问你一个问题。


B:Sure,John.Go ahead.

当然可以,约翰,你问吧。


A:This may seem a bit sudden and out of left field,but I'd like us to be more than colleagues.

这可能有点唐突,也有点出乎意料,但是我希望我们之间的关系不仅仅是同事而已。


B:I've always thought of you as more than a colleague,John.You've always been my friend.

约翰,我一直没有把你看作是普通同事。你一直是我的朋友。


A:Maybe I'm not making myself clear.I'll cut right to the quick.You know,I'm single.I hope you would like to marry me.

也许我没有表达清楚我的意思。我直说吧。你知道的,我是单身。我希望你愿意嫁给我。


B:You're right,ah...This is a bit unexpected.To tell you the truth,I've never thought of you that way before.

你说得对,啊...这是有点意外。说实话吧,我以前从未像那样看待过你。


A:Unexpected?Yes.But I've had the wish for a long time.

意外?是有点儿。不过我有这个愿望已经好久了。


B:John,thank you for the lovely offer,but my feelings for you don't go beyond friendship.

约翰,谢谢你令人愉快的求婚,但是我对你的感觉没有超过朋友的界限。


A:I see.Miss Wang,do forgive me.

我明白了,王小姐。请原谅我。


B:It doesn't matter.We are still friends,aren't we?

没关系。我们还是朋友,不是吗?


A:Yes,of course.

是的,当然了。