Listen

Description

A:I'd like to help pitch in with dinner.

我想帮忙一起做饭。


B:Really? You're joking.

真的吗?你在开玩笑吧。


A:No. I'd like to do something special for you on your birthday.

没开玩笑。我想在你的生日为你做点儿特别的事情。


B:I'd like that. Alright, put on this apron first.

很好。好吧。先把这个围裙系上。


A:Ok... Now how can I help, hon?

好的。,现在我怎办帮忙,亲爱的?


B:Hmm, let me see... Boil some water and then whisk two eggs.

嗯,让我看看...烧点水,然后再打两个鸡蛋。


A:Easy. I could do that with my eyes closed.(after a while) Done.

简单。我闭着眼睛都能做。做好了。


B:Not bad. Okay, now take some meat and potatoes from the fridge.

还不错嘛。好,现在从冰箱里拿点儿肉和土豆来。


A:How many potatoes do you need?

你需要几个土豆?


B:Three. And bring four bell peppers.

三个。再拿四个青椒。


A:Gotcha... Ok. Here they are.

明白...好了,拿来了。


B:Now wash them,then dice the potatoes and bell peppers. Then slice the meat.

现在把它们洗一洗。然后把土豆和青椒切成丁儿,然后再把肉切成片。


A:Where's the peeler?

削皮刀在哪儿?


B:It's in the cabinet... Adam, the gas cooker doesn't work.

在橱柜里。亚当,煤气灶坏了。


A:What? Oh, shit! I cut my finger.

什么?哦,该死!我切到手了。


B:Let me take a look at that... I can't stop the bleeding. We need to go to the hospital.

让我看看,我没法给你止血。我们得去医院。


A:I guess cooking is not as easy as I thought.

我想做饭并不像我想的那么简单。