Listen

Description

A: So I heard that you have big news again. Is that true?

我听说你有特大消息要宣布了!是真的吗?


B: Yes, who did you hear that from?

是的。谁告诉你的?


A: That's not important. Are you going to tell me what it is?

谁说的不重要。你是不是该告诉我究竟是什么消息?


B: You'll have to guess.

你猜。


A: Are you pregnant?

你怀孕了?


B: Are you kidding?

你开玩笑吗?


A: Just thought I'd ask. Are you celebrating your birthday?

只是想到就问了。你要过生日了?


B: Not today.

不是今天。


A: Let me think. Did you get a promotion?

让我想想。你要升职了?


B: Of course not. I've never even had a job.

当然不是。我还没有工作呢!


A: I give up, what is it?

我放弃了。到底是什么?


B: I'm going to be an aunt. My sister is pregnant with twins.

我要做姑姑了!我姐姐怀了一对双胞胎。


A: Congratulations. When is she due?

恭喜!预产期什么时候?


B: Her due date is April 20th, but twins are often born early. 

预产期是4月20日,不过双胞胎一般会早产。


A: Do you have any nieces or nephews now?

你目前有侄子和侄女吗?


B: No. My sister's babies will be my first ones.

没有。我姐姐这对双胞胎将会是第一个。


A: That's great. I actually have some good news too.

太好了。实际上我也有个好消息。


B: Really? what is it?

真的吗?是什么?


A: I just passed my final exam.

我刚刚通过了期末考试。


B: Well done. Are you going to go out and celebrate?

干得漂亮!你打算出去庆祝一下吗?


A: I was thinking of going out for dinner. Do you want to come with me?

我正在考虑出去吃顿饭。你想一起去吗?


B: I'd be honored. 

那我的荣幸。