Listen

Description

Shipwreck  claims the lives of at least 43 migrants off the coast of Libya

船只失事导致至少43名移民在利比亚海岸附近死亡

The UN  calls for the resumption of state-led operations in the Mediterranean, as rescue groups’ vessels are detained in port.

由于救援小组船只仍滞留在港口,联合国呼吁重启各国家主导的地中海救援行动。

At least  43 people have been killed after a boat carrying migrants capsized off the Libyan coast, the UN said on Wednesday.

联合国于周三表示,一只载有移民的船只在利比亚海岸附近倾覆,至少有43人死亡。

Ten people  survived the shipwreck, which happened after the boat’s engine failed a few hours after departing the coastal city Zawiya, west of the capital Tripoli, on Tuesday morning.

周二早晨,在离开首都的黎波里西部的沿海城市扎维耶几个小时之后,该船发动机失灵,船只失事后,有十人生还。

A joint  statement by the UN’s migration and refugee agencies said it was the first shipwreck involving migrants in the central Mediterranean this year. Hundreds died in similar incidents in 2020.

联合国移民和难民机构发表的联合声明表示,这是地中海中部地区今年发生的首次移民船只失事事件。在2020年发生的类似事件中,曾有数百人丧生。

kesperson for Alarm Phone, which communicates with migrants and refugees in distress at sea, said the incident was a result of European border policy.

帮助海难中的移民和难民的“报警电话”组织的发言人表示,该事件是欧洲边境政策的结果。

“We  have a huge rescue gap because most of the rescue vessels are under administrative detention or under some kind of investigation in Europe so most can’t go out to sea,” they said.

该组织表示:“由于大部分的搜救船受制于行政扣押或是欧洲的调查,从而无法出海,因此目前存在巨大的救援缺口。”

They  said the only rescue NGO currently able to operate was SOS Méditerranée, and it faces challenges in reaching migrants.

他们说,目前唯一能够进行救援任务的非政府组织是“地中海紧急救助”,而且他们在联系到移民方面也存在困难。

In  a separate incident on Wednesday the NGO said it was unable to rescue 48 people stranded on another inflatable boat before the Libyan coastguard returned them to Libya. The interception, criticised for returning the migrants to dangerous environments, was observed by an aircraft operated by rescue group Sea-Watch, whose own rescue ships are unable to go to sea.

在周三的另一起事件中,该非政府组织表示无法营救困于另一艘充气艇上的48位移民,只好让利比亚海防队将其送回利比亚。利比亚海防的拦截使移民又回到了危险境地,从而引起不满,搜救小组“海洋观察”的航空器也观察到了上述拦截,然而其搜救船只也无法出海。

SOS  Méditerranée’s Ocean Viking was only able to return to sea on 11 January, six months after it had been detained by Italian authorities.

“地中海紧急救助”的搜救船“海洋维京号”在被意大利当局扣留六个月后,刚刚于1月11日获得出海资格。

The UN  said attitudes needed to change on migrants from the Mediterranean, including an end to the policy of returning them to unsafe countries.

联合国表示,人们应该变对来自地中海地区移民的态度,其中包括废除将其送至不安全国家的政策。

“This  loss of life highlights once more the need for reactivation of state-led search and rescue operations, a gap NGO and commercial vessels are trying to fill despite their limited resources,” the statement said.

声明表示,“生命的失去再一次告诉我们,需要重启由国家主导的搜救和救援行动,尽管资源有限,非政府组织和商用船舰正在填补这个缺口。”

The  EU has been accused by rights groups of condemning refugees and migrants to death in the Mediterranean through its border policies and by supporting Libyan militias to intercept and return boats to the coast.

由于其边境政策以及其对利比亚民兵拦截和返送船只的支持,欧盟将难民和移民在地中海置于死地,这一点被人权组织指责。

The  EU border agency Frontex was accused in October of being involved in illegal pushbacks to sea by member states. In November it announced it would launch a committee to evaluate its surveillance on the Mediterranean.

十月份,欧盟边境机构“欧盟边境管理局”被指责参与其成员国的非法拒纳移民的行动,欧盟于十一月宣布将成立委员会,以评估其对地中海的监测工作。