Listen

Description

关注微信公众号:为你读英语美文,获得更完整的原文,音乐资料

主播:维安
地点:广西 桂林

What Can I Hold You With
我用什么才能留住你
By Jorge Borges
作者:豪尔赫·博尔赫斯

I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.
我给你瘦落的街道、绝望的落日、荒郊的月亮。

I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.
我给你一个久久地望着孤月的人的悲哀。

I offer you my ancestors, my dead men,
我给你我已死去的祖辈,

the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:
后人们用大理石祭奠的先魂:

my father&`&s father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires,
我父亲的父亲,阵亡于布宜诺斯艾利斯的边境,

two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead,
两颗子弹射穿了他的胸膛,死的时候蓄着胡子,

wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;
尸体被士兵们用牛皮裹起;

my mother&`&s grandfather -just twenty-four,
我母亲的祖父——那年才二十四岁——

heading a charge of three hundred men in Perú,
在秘鲁率领三百人冲锋,

now ghosts on vanished horses.
如今都成了消失的马背上的亡魂。

I offer you whatever insight my books may hold.
我给你我的书中所能蕴含的一切悟力,

whatever manliness or humour my life.
以及我生活中所能有的男子气概和幽默。

I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.
我给你一个从未有过信仰的人的忠诚。

I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow – the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.
我给你我设法保全的我自己的核心——不营字造句,不和梦交易,不被时间、欢乐和逆境触动的核心。

I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.
我给你早在你出生前多年的一个傍晚看到的一朵黄玫瑰的记忆。

I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself, authentic and surprising news of yourself.
我给你关于你生命的诠释,关于你自己的理论,你的真实而惊人的存在。

I can give you my loneliness my darkness, the hunger of my heart;
我给你我的寂寞、我的黑暗、我心的饥渴;

I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.
我试图用困惑、危险、失败来打动你。

作者介绍
豪尔赫·路易斯·博尔赫斯(Jorge Luis Borges ,1899年8月24日-1986年6月14日),阿根廷诗人、小说家、散文家兼翻译家,被誉为作家中的考古学家。生于布宜诺斯艾利斯(Buenos Aires)一个有英国血统的律师家庭。在日内瓦上中学,在剑桥读大学。掌握英、法、德等多国文字。 作品涵盖多个文学范畴,包括:短文、随笔小品、诗、文学评论、翻译文学。其中以拉丁文隽永的文字和深刻的哲理见长。


垫乐
夜半路灯-陈小霞
殇-高志坚,小平
杨柳-林海

主播介绍
维安:她是广西桂林人,是浙江传媒学院中文系大二的学生,是简书的签约作者,也是为你读英语美文的主播。她经营着自己的微信公众号:维安记,传递着把那一份温而不沸的情怀。

主播,制作:维安 | 编辑: 永清
文字及垫乐归作者或版权方所有
图片源于网络

微信公众号:为你读英语美文
官方新浪微博:@为你读英语美文